Let me introduce to Online Courses and Legal Stuff
Over time I’ve written quite a bit about legal issues associated with the use of WordPress. I’m still interested in the topic but am taking a further pause from it to focus on legal issues associated with online course creation. Borrowing from the name for this site, I’m calling my new site Online Courses and Legal Stuff.
Now, many WordPress users are also interested in creating online courses, or building themes and plugins that support online courses. For this reason, I’m expecting to be writing about WordPress from time to time on Online Courses and Legal Stuff and, as such, it seems relevant to announce Online Courses and Legal Stuff here, on WP and Legal Stuff.
Come on over
If you’re interested in the legal issues associated with online course creation, come on over to Online Courses and Legal Stuff. As you’ll see, I’ve designed the homepage as a landing page.
If you’re interested in the Online Courses and Legal Stuff blog. Here’s a list of posts to date (latest post first):
- 17 practical steps to help you create great course content, protect yourself, and limit your risk
- Module 8 intro: Understanding privacy statement requirements and preparing and posting your own one
- Module 7 intro: Managing your mailing list like a marvel and not a muppet
- Module 6 intro: Encouraging people to promote your course by licensing content on Creative Commons terms
- Module 5 intro: Including others’ videos in your course content without being struck out
- Module 4 intro: Bringing music to one’s ears without its owner deafening yours
- Module 3 intro: Using others’ images to your advantage without being told to cease and desist
- Module 2 intro: Creating killer written content that won’t backfire and slap you in the face
- Module 1 intro: Protecting your original creations from those who would pillage and plunder
- “Doesn’t my course platform take care of privacy issues for me?”
- Legal food for thought on the topic of building and using your email lists
- What’s the deal with copyright and registration?
- Quick legal tip for those using Mastermind.com for their courses
If you’d like to join the Online Courses and Legal Issues Facebook group, it’d be great to have you on board.
And if you’re interested in online course creation and would like me to explore particular issues in one or more blog posts, feel free to let me know via the contact form here on WP and Legal Stuff.
Have a great day.