I’m pleased to be able to say that A Practical Guide to WordPress and the GPL is now out in the wild. You can find it right here.
Here’s a quick outline of the chapters:
1. Introduction: conception, birth and forking
2. Understanding the GPL licensing of WordPress
3. Common GPL-related questions
4. WordPress themes, the GPL and the conundrum of derivative works
5. The GPL and assumptions of automatic inheritance
6. Theme reviews, CC0, model releases and GPL-compatibility
7. Selling ThemeForest themes outside of ThemeForest
8. Reselling commercial plugins
9. The GPL and trademarks
Three different packages, or editions, are on offer:
1. The business package
If you’re into the business of developing WordPress themes or plugins (or both), you might want this package. You’ll get:
- the ebook (PDF) of A Practical Guide to WordPress and the GPL;
- a professionally narrated audio book, enabling you to listen to the book when you’re on the go (narrated by Steve Chase); and
2. The book and audio book package
With this package, you’ll get:
- the ebook (PDF) of A Practical Guide to WordPress and the GPL; as well as
- the professionally narrated audio book, enabling you to listen to the book when you’re on the go (narrated by Steve Chase).
3. The book package
If you’re just after the ebook of A Practical Guide to WordPress and the GPL, this package is for you. You’ll get a PDF of the ebook that you can read or dip into at your leisure.
For a limited time, you can get 30% off each of these packages. To get the discount, just tweet the book’s promo page or like it on Facebook, using the buttons on the promo page (you’ll find them directly under the three package offerings). Doing that will reveal an offer code which you input at the point of purchase. Easy. The discounts will be available for around a week.